PaxSpace Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, member-operated Makerspace, where people can meet and work on their projects. Our main purpose is to address, coordinate, and provide education and scientific awareness to Southern Maryland to bring back the American spirit to be makers instead of just consumers. We offer workspaces and storage for use by members to pursue projects related to art and technology. PaxSpace hopes to inspire lifelong learning and innovation, while also strengthening our local community.
PaxSpace Inc. operates for educational and charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3).
Subject to and within the limits of the paragraph above, the corporation shall:
1. Obtain and maintain spaces suitable for technical, artistic and social collaboration.
2. Collaborate on all forms of technology, art, culture and craft in new and interesting ways.
3. Further the education and experience of its members in the crafts that interest them.
4. Further the knowledge and experience of the public through talks and demonstrations.
5. Recruit and develop talented members dedicated to these purposes.
We provide education by giving low-cost lectures and slideshows in our public space open to the public and members and other public venues as well as utilizing social media channels and the corporation’s website to provide education on the use of tools and knowledge to create innovated items for the members and the public.
To maximize our impact on current efforts, we may seek to collaborate with other non-profit organizations which fall under the 501(c)(3) section of the internal revenue code and are operated exclusively for educational and charitable purposes.