Intro to 3D Printing
Provides a basic overview of what 3D Printing is, how it works, and the workflow required to print in 3D. The student will either create or download a small 3D model and step through the processes to print the model. This class is open and to the public for a nominal fee of $10.
Intro to 3D Printing is a 3 Hour class that provides a basic overview of what 3D Printing is, how it works, and the workflow required to print in 3D. The student will either create or download a small 3D model and step through the processes to print the model. Students work in pairs.
Intro to 3D Printing consists of the following agenda:
- 10 min: What is FDM (Fused Deposition modeling
- 05 min: Overview of the workflow for 3D Printing & Thingiverse
- 15 min: Slicer, Importing your STL into the slicer, and setting options to generate G-Code
- 15 min: Load the G-Code onto the printer, and printer specifics
- 45 min: Student printing and question session
All PaxSpace members who haven’t received one on one training must take this course before being allowed to use the Space’s 3D printers.
The instructors are:
Jim Shelton: Experience, Is new to 3D printing so cut him some slack.
Paul Di Biase: Has printed many items on PaxSpace’s printers.
The instruction will take place at PaxSpace in the classroom space.
No previous knowledge or experience required.
Equipment and Supplies
- 1 Instructor computer with software and projector
- 3D Printer & 0.4 lbs of PLA Filament
- Members: Free
- Non Members: $10
All costs get donated with 100% pass-through to PaxSpace Inc as a general donation
After registering you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to pay for this class.
You may also bring cash (sorry no checks).
Upcoming ClassesNo Events
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
|Intro to 3D Printing|
Interested in this class but don't see one scheduled? Please click here and tell us to schedule one!